Tuesday, August 24, 2010

PS3 selling in Malaysia

Well apparently if you'd been told, the PS3 Slim version of 120GB and 250GB are not in production anymore and will be replace with 160GB and 320GB. So what's the difference? Is just the Hard Disc Drive (HDD), that's all. The price? Well this I would like you to be the judge.


I live in Malaysia, and Sony Malaysia has officially launch PS3 Slim system here and selling 120GB and 250GB as well. Guess what's the price? Let me show you.




Well RM1300 for a 120GB black. For your information I get my white 160GB for only RM1200. UNBELIEVABLE? Well because of this.




Apart because of the warranty (which they'd mentioned that only respective country that you brought will have the warranty). So which means if I want to claim for a warranty I will have to go down south all the way? Nah I never bother that because if I were to fix it, I'll send over to my console's shop rather than Sony all thanks to the factory repair that will cost you a bomb.

The other reason why I heard is cheaper is because Singapore is a tax-free country, so the console that we get from there by bulk is FAR more cheaper than Malaysia that has a tax impose to some electronic stuff.

So next time if you want to buy a PS3, be sure to check on two things.

1) The region of PS3 itself (mine was Region 3, which is Asia. Asia includes Hong Kong, Malaysia, Singapore, etc)

2) Read the manual of the console and the look at second picture above (should be at the back of the box). See which country is your PS3 comes from and the power input. (Japan is 110V while Malaysia, Singapore and Hong Kong is running 220V)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Click here

Get your PSN Card, Xbox Live Points and Wii Points here

Best Seller

General News - Play-Asia.com


View My Stats